A friend of mine recently acquired an iPad and asked me about my favorite apps, so I thought I’d share my response.
Apps I keep on my dock on the bottom of the screen:
- Chrome: I prefer the Chrome browser over the Safari browser.
- Amazon Cloud Player: I got frustrated with the funky syncing in the iTunes cloud, switched to the Amazon Cloud, and have been an Amazon mp3 junky ever since.
- Todoist: I have used nearly every “to do” app. I’ve been extremely happy with this one.
- Calendar: this is the standard calendar. I’ve tried a bunch of other calendar apps, but none of them are truly fantastic.
- GMail: I archive nearly all of my emails, and you can do that with one click in this app. Also you can easily switch between Gmail accounts.
- Evernote: no explanation needed.
Apps I use daily:
- 1Password: password keeper
- Feedly: for reading/processing all of my RSS feeds
- Pocket: for reading everything website/blog-wise I’ve saved for later
- GoodReader: for reading and marking up articles.
Apps I use frequently:
- Penultimate: you can write in the Penultimate notebooks and it will automatically turn your notebook into an Evernote note. Awesome for more relaxed note taking.
- Focus@will: music that helps you focus. It really works for me.
- Google Drive
- Progressive Alarm Clock: for those times when I need to get up early, this app does it in nice way.
- Merriam Webster dictionary
- Songza: curated playlists that are based on time and what you’re up to.
- Pocketcasts: for podcasts; the interface is much nicer than the native app.
- Amazon Instant Video
- NYT Crosswords
- Wreck this App